Here's a truly bizarre case out of China. A billionaire in Southern China died after being served poisoned "cat-meat" stew. Long Liyuan was visiting a woodland area with a local official, Huang Guang, who Long suspected of embezzling money.
They stopped in a local restaurant for a traditional slow-cooked stew which was prepared with cat meat. At some point, the official placed a poisonous plant into the dish. Long reported feeling dizzy and was taken to the hospital, but went into cardiac arrest and died. Huang was arrested and charged with the murder.
This isn't the first time a dish with cat meat has gotten someone into deep trouble.
Want more from Foodista? Sign up below!