In a sad and senseless story, 11 people were killed and 120 sickened from tainted vinegar in western China.
The victims were sharing an evening meal after their daily Ramadan fast. The cause of the mass poisoning is believed to be a batch of vinegar, which had been stored in barrels that previously contained antifreeze.
This is yet another example of China not adhering to a basic level of food safety standards. Clearly, they need tighter food regulations and a basic concern for the safety of their citizens.
Want more from Foodista? Sign up below!