Saccottini stuffed with pesto and served with primavera sauce
• 125 g of fresh O'Sole Mio pasta per person
• 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil
• Half onion, cut in thin stripes
• 1/4 eggplant, cut in thin stripes
• 1/4 green zucchini, cut in thin stripes
• 1/4 red pepper
• 1/4 green pepper
• 1/4 yellow pepper
• 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
• 1/4 cup of chopped basil
• 5 oz. (150 ml) of dry white wine
• 3.5 oz. (100 m) of O'Sole Mio Napolitana sauce per person
• Grated Parmesan
In a large pot of boiling water, sprinkle ½ a teaspoon of salt. Throw in the saccottinis. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, and then drain the pasta.
In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the vegetables. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Deglaze with the white wine. Add the O'Sole Mio Napolitana sauce. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
Add the pasta to the sauce. Stir well and serve. Decorate with a basil leave and some grated Parmesan. More quick and easy recipes can be found at www.osolemio.ca.
Between our families, careers and the endless demands of day-to-day life most people are too busy to put in the time for a traditional home cooked dinner. Easy quick recipes solve the problem of finding the time to make home cooked meals.
Tuesday, October 6, 2015 - 10:07am