Red quinoa cranberry arugula soup
1 cup fresh cranberries
2 cups baby arugula (chopped)
4 cups vegetable broth
1 tbsp. olive oil
½ cup green onions (whites only)
1 tbsp. lemon grass (chopped)
1 cup red quinoa (cooked)
½ tsp salt
1/8 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp. white sugar
¼ cups unsweetened coconut milk
1 tbsp. greens onion (greens for garnishing)
1. Combine cranberries, arugula and vegetable broth in a sauce pan and bring them to boil.
2. Remove the sauce pan from the flame and let stock cool for a while.
3. In the meantime, heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium flame.
4. Add whites of green onion, lemon grass and cook for couple of minutes.
5. The moment you get the aroma of lemon grass add quinoa and sauté well.
6. When the stock cools down blend it smooth. Then strain it.
7. Pour the stock into the pan of quinoa and mix well.
8. Boil for 2 -3 minutes and add salt, chilli powder and sugar.
9. Mix again and after couple of more boils add coconut milk and mix.
10. Turn off the flame, garnish with some greens of the green onions and serve immediately.