Today is Food Day, a grassroots organization that is comprised of organizations and professionals advocating for a healthy and sustainable food system for all. They are dedicated to changing America's food system and therefore transforming the way we eat so that we can live a happier and healthier life.
The goals of this campaign are based on the following six principles:
1. Reduce diet-related disease by promoting healthy food
2. Support sustainable farms & limit subsidies to big agribusiness
3. Expand access to food and end hunger
4. Protect the environment and farm animals by reforming factory farms
5. Promote health by curbing junk-food marketing aimed at kids
6. Support fair conditions for food and farm workers