Berry Healthy Parfait
• 2/3 cup hung yogurt or Greek yogurt
• 1 ½ tbsp. Icing sugar or powdered sugar
• 1 tsp Vanilla essence
For Berries Compote
• ½ cup chopped strawberries
• ½ cup cranberries
• ¼ cup blackcurrant juice (I used Ribena)
• 2 tbsp sugar (if the berries are very sour add 1 more tbsp. sugar)
• 1 tbsp finely chopped strawberries
• Whipped cream (appx 4 tbsp)
• ½ tsp cinnamon powder
Whip together the Shrikhand ingredients till you get a smooth and creamy mixture. Approximately 2 minutes and chill for 1 hour.
Put all the compote ingredients in a pan and let in boil on low flame till you get a thick sauce like consistency ( approximately 12-15 minutes should be good enough). Keep stirring in between. Let it cool completely.
Now layer the dessert glass with alternate layers of compote and Shrikhand, start with a layer of compote and end with a layer of Shrikhand. Top with a layer of chopped strawberries and pipe or spoon some whipped cream and dust it with cinnamon powder.
Chill for at least two hours before serving.
If you are using the ready to pipe whipped cream, you can add the whipped cream just before serving.
This dessert combines the antioxidants of berries with calcium of yogurt. It is a fusion of Indian dessert Shrikhand(made with hung yogurt) with parfait.
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 8:39am