Chocolate Melting Pots
27g shelled hazelnuts 80g dark chocolate (such as Godiva’s Dark Chocolate Tablet ) 35g butter + for greasing the tins 60g caster sugar 2 eggs, separated 20g soft flour 2 praline chocolates (any of Godiva’s milk or dark chocolates would be perfect)
1.The day before, preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 6. Toast the hazelnuts on a pie tin until they begin to release a delicious aroma (that all sounds great doesn’t it?).
2. Melt the chocolate in a bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water (bain-marie). Turn off the heat and add the butter.
3. While the mixture cools, cut 2 circles of greaseproof paper, the same diameter as the cake tins. Grease them well and stick the paper circles to the bottoms. Then grease the paper. Place the tins in the freezer.
4. Add the flour to the chocolate mix before adding the hazelnuts (which you will have ground in a food processor first) and the egg yolks.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff and gradually add the sugar using a whisk. Stir into the dough.
6. Pour approx. 2cm of dough into the tins and freeze for 1 hour. Place the remaining dough in the fridge.
7. Place one praline on the frozen dough, cover with the remaining dough and freeze overnight.
8. Turn the oven to 180°C/gas mark 6. Place the frozen preparations in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, turn out while still hot and enjoy immediately. And that's an order!