Orange Oatmeal Pancakes
1 whole small orange (skin peeled)
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp orange extract
2 tbsp. low fat milk
½ cup dry rolled oats
½ cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp. white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1. Grind the orange in a food processor/grinder. Strain the juice with the help of a fine strainer in a mixing container. (Pulp not required in this recipe). If you have a juicer then you can juice the orange as well.
2. Beat the eggs properly so that the pancakes could be fluffy. Add these eggs to the orange juice along with all the wet ingredients.
3. In another bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well until well coated.
5. Heat the nonstick pan on a medium flame and grease it with cooking spray/oil. Pour 2 spoonful of the batter into the pan.
6. Cook until lightly brown and starts to rise a little. Flip the pancake to the other side and cook for few minutes or until done. (Make sure the pancakes are light brown and not over cooked or else it will have a burnt taste)
7. Repeat the same process for the rest of the batter.
8. Serve hot with your choice of sweetener (honey, maple syrup or dusted sugar) and/or top with whipped cream/butter.