Roasted Artichoke Stuffed with Garlic and Sage
4 Large Artichokes, stems and top 1/3rd portion removed
4 Cloves Garlic, peeled
1 Lemon, cut in half
Dried or fresh Sage leaves (optional)
1 T Coconut Oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice off the stem and top 1/3rd of the artichoke. Immediately rub the choke all over with lemon and oil.
2. Next, press the garlic clove into the center the artichoke, season with salt and pepper. Place sage on the top and wrap in tinfoil.
3. Place the artichokes in the oven, stem side down for two hours.
4. Remove them from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
5. For the dipping sauce (optional): Remove the garlic clove from the artichoke, combine with sage, left over lemon juice, olive oil or unsalted organic butter.
Roasted Artichoke stuffed with creamy Garlic and Sage with a Lemon Oil Dipping Sauce. This recipe is easy to make with minimal prep work.
Simple Roasted Artichoke
Monday, February 8, 2016 - 2:59pm