The Miami based Oriental Packing Co. recently recalled over 188 tons of blended curry products because it is contaminated with lead. Lead can build up in the body and cause serious, even permanent health problems.
The contamination was discovered during a routine check by the state of New York Health Department of the finished products. The following products are listed below:
Blue Mountain Brand
- Blue Mountain Country Jamaican Curry Powder,
- Blue Mountain Country Hot Jamaican Curry Powder,
- Blue Mountain Country Hot Jamaican Jerk Curry Seasoning,
Jamaican Choice Brand
- Jamaican Choice Jamaican Curry Powder
- Jamaican Choice Jamaican Hot Curry Powder,
Ocho Rios Brand
- Ocho Rios Jamaica Nice Curry Powder Seasoning
- Ocho Rios Jamaica Nice Spicy Hot Curry Powder Seasoning
- Ocho Rios Spicy Jerk Curry Seasoning
- Ocho Rios Mild Jerk Curry Seasoning
- Ocho Rios Jamaican Style Curry Powder
- Ocho Rios Hot ‘N Spicy Jamaican Style Curry Powder
- Oriental Brand Grade A Jamaican Curry Powder,
- Oriental Brand Grade A Jamaican Curry Powder Hot & Spicy
- Grace Jamaican Style Mild Curry Powder,
- Grace Jamaican Style Hot Curry Powder,
- Grace Caribbean Tradition Curry Powder,
- Grace Caribbean Tradition Hot Curry Powder,
Product was distributed in New York and Florida and was sold through internet sales and retail stores nationwide.
The products can be identified by the label bearing the above names in glass and plastic bottles. The sizes including 2oz, 4oz, 6oz, 8oz, 22oz and 5 lb. Product can be identified by the lot numbers and best before date listed below. This information can be found on the top of the cap.
Consumers are urged to dispose unused product following EPA and/or state and county regulations or return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact Oriental Packing Company Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST at this toll free number 800-809-9793.